View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 08:28

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 SMIFFGIG here offering a hand 
Crewman

Hi, firstly let me begin by saying im really pleased to see this site, these forums and especially this project for BOTF2 underway

Now onto the main bit.
My name is SMIFFGIG, I am webmaster of "www.tiberiumsun.com" and creator of the most popular and widely distrubuted "C&C Tiberian Sun mods" known as "Tiberian Sun Retro" http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr
My mod featured on a couple of magazines (i think some polish one too)
PC Gamer UK December 2k3
PC Format January 2k4

Enough of that, my interest in TS is dwindling and i want to move on, I then found (was shown) this place and took imediate interest

So in short, if you need a hand im here and waiting.

Thanks for the time and good luck on the project

-SMIFFGIG

Creator of Tiberian Sun Retro
http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr

03 Nov 2004, 18:45
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Great, welcome to the forum SMIFFGIG.

You know, you could firstly begin helping with ideas and creating stuff for the project. But your modding skills would be very usefull later on. You see all the races, are going to be "modded" in, so we could use your help. The game works on something called modules, hope you understand. You could make a Dominion module, and load it into the game, and play with it. :D Still please read the Things we All agree on thread! :wink:

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

03 Nov 2004, 18:57
Ensign
Ensign

Yup ill back him up on this. I know nothing of programing beyond simple .ini editing but have tested Tib Retro for years and rember when he first set out to build it. Going by download count his mod is the most popular mod for Tib Sun, he now has had over 5000 downloads since he introduced it to the world wide web about 3 years ago.

P.S. I'll test anything you want me too as well to do my small bit to help out. But I know you go to post 10 constructive threads first and you probably have a lot of testers.

03 Nov 2004, 19:00
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Horadrim, welcome to the forum! :D . I hope you will add your ideas for the game in the topic? Please read the announcements first :wink:

Something else, this game will be extremely mod friendly, hence the modules. You can easily add 3d models with Gmax for example. Or you can alter things quit easily withiout editing and decoding pages of hex code, like in botf.

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

03 Nov 2004, 19:03
Ensign
Ensign

thanx iwulf, is there any where ud recomend where i can get into c++ which is what i assume ur building in. I dlike to try and help, also what do u mean by a moduel ?

03 Nov 2004, 19:18
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

first of all i don't think it is very likely that we need to code in c++. There is hardly any coding. About a module. There will be a module loader, where you can load races in. I don't know exactly how this will be done, but i do know someone who does. You should ask Gturfrey, the programmer of this game. You could PM him ofcourse, but i think that there were enough posts about this stuff. Just look into it, and see what has been posted before. :wink: I already told you, that this game will be easy to mod did i? I mean modding with codes like C++ isn't exactly easy for the mainstream games. :wink:

03 Nov 2004, 19:33
Ensign
Ensign

horadrim (name reminds me of Deckard Cain) and SMIFFGI, welcome to the forums (bit late i know, but ive been away :P)

Being a Very large RA/2 fan, and a very small C&C/TibSun fan, i dont know your mod, but rest assured its downloading and TibSuns being reinstalled. Any ideas you can give are very welcome, as iwullf said, and the modding part will certinally be your field SMIFFGIG, no programming required for that when it comes around, just a bit of modeling and INI (in one form of another) editing to create reaces/moduals for the game. But im jumping the gn a bit here cause its not finished yet and as with everything in this world, unitll its in your hand (or in "my Documents") anything can change.

03 Nov 2004, 20:03
Profile WWW
Ensign
Ensign

Thanx iwulf. Also Sthedgehog if u like it we will give u a game sometime

03 Nov 2004, 20:10
Crewman

INI editing, well this is my field exactly (excl Photoshop artwork etc)

P.S. STHedghog, TSR is primarily intended to be played the with Firestorm expansion pack (just incase u dont have it)
if you dont have it balance issues will occur and 60% or so of the features will not be there :(

Creator of Tiberian Sun Retro
http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr

03 Nov 2004, 20:10
Profile WWW
Crewman

I asked gturfrey in a pm about programming and this is what he said:
Im using ms visual studio 2003.net
so you would have to learn aspects of .net

I don't know any yet, but i am planning to learn some (just for botf2, and it shouldn't be too bad to learn cause i have done some programming before)

04 Nov 2004, 03:13
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

We don't have to program do we? I mean altering small stuff will be easily enough. But i thougth that there wasn't any programming needed from our side? :o

04 Nov 2004, 09:08
Crewman

Yeah, i think it will be easy to alter stuff, like altering .ini files.
i think the programming is just to get the game running, not a lot in the mods, but i'm just guessing

04 Nov 2004, 09:49
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

you will require no programming skills to mod the game, just simple stuff like adding the nessacary pics and descriptions, this can be done in hex and saved to c, which i believe it is being saved in. (this is cos i have already done some for gavin with races) then add the ships and you should be away.

04 Nov 2004, 20:46
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

i had my fair share of hexediting with botf, so that woulnd't be a problem. :wink:

07 Nov 2004, 14:35
Crewman

hey, just found the site but am a bit confused is this a mod to botf? and do you need models etc just some general info would be nice lol

02 Jan 2005, 20:15
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

it`s a new game not a mod.

02 Jan 2005, 20:26
Crewman

lol opps so its a completely new game starting of from scratch?

02 Jan 2005, 20:49
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

yes

02 Jan 2005, 21:12
Crewman

right.. so what is needed from the community

02 Jan 2005, 23:13
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]