View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 20:28

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Geez 
I just played the latest Supremacy.

Mstrobel

AMAZING ... Been playing it and I must say wow... Its amazing. Sir. You are by far a genius and a scholar.

Amazing simply amazing. The sections in this game are amazing... its literally taking my breath away.

When this game is done - Would you do me the honor of getting the servers for the release of your game

Please dont stop on Supremacy... Its utterly and simply amazing... Im a loss for words...

Thank you.

28 Dec 2007, 01:21
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

JeanNRA wrote:
AMAZING ... Been playing it and I must say wow... Its amazing.

Glad you like it :). As you'll discover if you stick around, this is very much a community-driven project, and feedback from the community has helped shape the game into something far more spectacular than I had originally envisioned. There's still a long way to go, and thus plenty of opportunities to shape the final game if you feel so inclined.

JeanNRA wrote:
Sir. You are by far a genius and a scholar.

My mother would be so proud :mrgreen:. I mean, she is... or at least I hope she is.

JeanNRA wrote:
When this game is done - Would you do me the honor of getting the servers for the release of your game

Well, that's a ways away yet. So far we haven't had any problems with server capacity, but that may well change, as the final game may grow quite large once all the 3D models, music, and other content are included. Maybe some full-screen video, too. Stick around, and I may take you up on that :).

JeanNRA wrote:
Please dont stop on Supremacy... Its utterly and simply amazing... Im a loss for words...

I have no intentions of stopping :mrgreen:. It'll be a long development process, and the development pace will undoubtedly fluctuate based on other factors in my life, but it will get done. I had hoped to get a lot of work done this week, but I ended up having to spend Christmas Eve in the emergency room hooked up to an IV due to a rather nasty ulcer. I'm much better now, but work on Supremacy will have to get pushed back a week or two, as I'm hopefully buying new home this weekend, which also means shopping for furniture :bigthumb:.

Anyhoo, thanks for the kind words, and I hope you'll stick around and take up an active role in the community (or at least continue testing the latest builds :)).

28 Dec 2007, 01:55
Profile WWW
mstrobel wrote:
JeanNRA wrote:
AMAZING ... Been playing it and I must say wow... Its amazing.

Glad you like it :). As you'll discover if you stick around, this is very much a community-driven project, and feedback from the community has helped shape the game into something far more spectacular than I had originally envisioned. There's still a long way to go, and thus plenty of opportunities to shape the final game if you feel so inclined.

JeanNRA wrote:
Sir. You are by far a genius and a scholar.

My mother would be so proud :mrgreen:. I mean, she is... or at least I hope she is.

JeanNRA wrote:

Well, that's a ways away yet. So far we haven't had any problems with server capacity, but that may well change, as the final game may grow quite large once all the 3D models, music, and other content are included. Maybe some full-screen video, too. Stick around, and I may take you up on that :).

JeanNRA wrote:

I have no intentions of stopping :mrgreen:. It'll be a long development process, and the development pace will undoubtedly fluctuate based on other factors in my life, but it will get done. I had hoped to get a lot of work done this week, but I ended up having to spend Christmas Eve in the emergency room hooked up to an IV due to a rather nasty ulcer. I'm much better now, but work on Supremacy will have to get pushed back a week or two, as I'm hopefully buying new home this weekend, which also means shopping for furniture :bigthumb:.

Anyhoo, thanks for the kind words, and I hope you'll stick around and take up an active role in the community (or at least continue testing the latest builds :)).

Oh Ill be here ... Im shocked about this game... actually Now I have something for me to look foward to when I get home.

And take it easy... Dont stress yourself out... we can wait years... last thing we all want is for you to be in the hospital. Take a day out... go to the movies, applebees, etc.

How many people do you have on your staff? Cause Im sure Supremacy is a huge project... Im sure I can share some of that weight. I may not be a programmer or modeller... but I have uses. I can manage, design, and run a website just for Supremacy. I can be a liason to the community so you or your staff are not overworking yourselves. I can develop new designs for features that can be executable in the program.

Mstrobel... Your the man... but make sure you take care of yourself... last thing we want is the hero of BOTF 2 and Star Trek gaming in the er.

28 Dec 2007, 02:12
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

There isn't really a "staff" per se. It's a community-driven effort, so there are many people who contribute in their own way. There are some primary contributors--matress_of_evil and cdrwolfe have helped to complete the in-game database (tech trees and such); kenneth_of_borg and zeleni have been hard at work on models, as have others; I try to keep a running list of everyone's contributions to make sure noone is left out of the credits (when I get around to writing them).

As for the programming, I started out as the sole developer, but recently Strings has volunteered to help develop the 3D tactical combat system, so he and I will be working closely together to bring you guys a pretty innovative combat system (at least we hope so :mrgreen:).

We don't appoint roles here, but I'm sure you'll find opportunities to contribute in your own way as time goes on. There will be plenty of new testing to do with the revised diplomacy system in a few weeks, and tons more once the AI development is in full swing. You don't need any particular skills for that other than a keen eye and a lot of patience ;).

28 Dec 2007, 02:47
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
I could see there was a need for models in the game. I learned how to make models for games so I could contribute. It takes time and effort.

28 Dec 2007, 03:55
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Addiction is the main thing that keeps me helping with Supremacy. And Matress likes this particular addiction. :mrgreen:

I have no special skills; everything I know bout computers is self-taught and I use MS Paint to make images. That's how basic my skills are. But I like to write, (As you'll probably come to realise if you look through my other posts :oops:) I experiment, and the community here is fantastic. If you have a question then *someone* will know the answer - or at least know the best places to go to ask the question.

I started out as a simple poster on the forums, spent rather too much time around here and got to know the projects almost as well as the guys that were making them. People started asking me their questions...and now i'm one of the three forum administrators. This community really works well, and the more effort you put in, the more you will get back. Not everyone seems to understand that; we've had a few problem complainers that have sadly had to be blocked from the forums, and a large chunk of the membership have never posted, but the regulars here are all working to finally produce something that the megabucks corporations have tried and failed to make for years; a Trek game that was created by the fans, for the fans; a game that finally satiates the almost 8 year long hunger for a BOTF successor, and most importantly gives us a new way to blow each other up in a safe, eyecandy-filled environment. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums. :)

29 Dec 2007, 01:14
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Matress_of_evil wrote:
...a Trek game that was created by the fans, for the fans; a game that finally satiates the almost 8 year long hunger for a BOTF successor, and most importantly gives us a new way to blow each other up in a safe, eyecandy-filled environment. :mrgreen:...

Me like eyecandy. :D
And boy, do I HUNGER for BOTFII....

29 Dec 2007, 04:27
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]