View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 14:27

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Website 
Mstrobel

What do you think about a Supremacy only website. A website thats Supremacy only. A place to keep up with the latest screenshots, dev log, videos, news releases, etc.

28 Dec 2007, 03:08
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I own http://www.startreksupremacy.com and http://www.startreksupremacy.org. I have hosting set up for them, and an SSL certificate too. I just haven't bothered to set up a site yet.

28 Dec 2007, 03:30
Profile WWW
Would you be willing to have some help ;).

I developed homeguardarmory.com and gosdf.com

Im very good at updating and maintaining websites. I would be honored to work on Star Trek Supremacy.

Also is it possible if I can share in the cost of the websites... It would give me the satisfaction that Im doing something for Star Trek Supremacy

Email: JeanNYGUARD@yahoo.com
AOL IM: JeanRifleFactor

28 Dec 2007, 03:45
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
That is a generous offer. My only concern is a degradation of the shared work we have with the other games here. There are a number of other project here that could help build the game directly. Just my thoughts.

28 Dec 2007, 03:51
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I'm more than happy to foot the bill for the hosting, and I get a pretty good deal since the hosting is through my usual registrar anyway. But if you want to try your hand at building a Supremacy site, be my guest--it's one less thing for me to do :). As Kenneth pointed out though, a lot of work done here is shared between a few projects, so the role of a Supremacy site would probably be one of aggregation ("consolidation") of news and interesting snippets from other sources, such as these forums and the BotF2 SharePoint site. You would need to take care not to disenfranchise any of the other projects. The thing to keep in mind would be that such a site would be a running archive of all things Supremacy-related, but the goal shouldn't be to draw attention or traffic away from the forums, because this really is where the real work is done, and I have no desire to shift the focus elsewhere. At the same time, it would be useful to have a more organized structure for Q&A, troubleshooting, and new release information.

Do you think you can work effectively within those constraints?

28 Dec 2007, 04:14
Profile WWW
mstrobel

No problem.

Just to confirm... the Supremacy site will contain only Supremacy only information and news. It will use these forums as a source for all news and information on the site. Am I correct?

The website would hold Q&A, Dev Logs of your progress, troubleshooting for the Alpha versions of the title, and new release information. Also what would you think of videos and screenshots of the alpha title?

Also what is your email or aol sn?

28 Dec 2007, 04:56
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

JeanNRA wrote:
mstrobel

No problem.

Just to confirm... the Supremacy site will contain only Supremacy only information and news. It will use these forums as a source for all news and information on the site. Am I correct?

The website would hold Q&A, Dev Logs of your progress, troubleshooting for the Alpha versions of the title, and new release information. Also what would you think of videos and screenshots of the alpha title?

Also what is your email or aol sn?

That all sounds fine. My e-mail address is mike DOT strobel AT gmail DOT com.

28 Dec 2007, 07:11
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]