View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 06:25

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 People up for multiplayer 
Crewman

Ive been playing for just under a week, getting used to certain parts of the game. Only thing missing is the ability to attack. The only way is through multiplayer i believe, so was wondering who would be up for it. Could be alot of fun.

Klacey - GMT 0 UK time - free most nights and weekends

Last edited by klacey on 15 Jan 2009, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

14 Jan 2009, 11:39
Crewman

Yeah sure. Just posted a noob "is the multiplayer working and were do you find players" question, shouldhave looked through the forum a bit more before I did.

14 Jan 2009, 13:04
Profile WWW
Crewman

Haha im not entirely sure if its up and running yet either. Im still at work for the next 5 hours so was hoping to give it ago later tonight.

14 Jan 2009, 13:12
Crewman

Well when we know either way game on!

14 Jan 2009, 13:16
Profile WWW
Crewman

Sounds good to me mate, ive been looking forward to see the combat side of the game. :twisted:

14 Jan 2009, 13:19
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

hey guys yes, it works just have to log on to it and hope people are playing. I was considering setting up a game this coming Saturday 17th. around 3PM EST (-5:00GMT) if time permits it. I'll post here again to let you all know if you want to try playing Multiplayer. I also understand that it is just a auto turn based thing, so you wont really see any 3d action.

-Val

14 Jan 2009, 13:41
Profile WWW
Crewman

Valcoren wrote:
hey guys yes, it works just have to log on to it and hope people are playing. I was considering setting up a game this coming Saturday 17th. around 3PM EST (-5:00GMT) if time permits it. I'll post here again to let you all know if you want to try playing Multiplayer. I also understand that it is just a auto turn based thing, so you wont really see any 3d action.

-Val

Thanks for the info Val. Even if you dont see the action, you still get attacked which will force you to increase ships and outposts. I would be up for sat 17th, will keep an eye open round the time. :bigthumb:

14 Jan 2009, 13:48
Crewman

Sounds good. Got a rugby match on Saturday, its an away game so will try and get back in time.

14 Jan 2009, 13:49
Profile WWW
Crewman

This could be fun, the thing i like about multi games is human players are so unperdictable.

14 Jan 2009, 13:51
Crewman

klacey wrote:
This could be fun, the thing i like about multi games is human players are so unperdictable.

Time for some psycotic Federation play!

14 Jan 2009, 16:58
Profile WWW
Crewman

cultboy1984 wrote:
klacey wrote:

Time for some psycotic Federation play!

Indeed. :evil: Closest thing to a vulcan
I will be up for multi in about 2 hours, if your available. :bigthumb:

14 Jan 2009, 17:01
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
It has begun.
Guess I will have to take some time off making ships
to learn how to play the game. (or hold out for the
combat engine in-game)
:borg:

14 Jan 2009, 17:44
Crewman

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
It has begun.
Guess I will have to take some time off making ships
to learn how to play the game. (or hold out for the
combat engine in-game)
:borg:

Resistance is futile. :borg:

14 Jan 2009, 17:52
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I dunno if you guys know, but Mike (The developer) has said that he is considering adding a lobby system to the game, so that should make it easier to arrange and join multiplayer games in the future. :mrgreen:

14 Jan 2009, 18:03
Profile WWW
Crewman

Matress_of_evil wrote:
I dunno if you guys know, but Mike (The developer) has said that he is considering adding a lobby system to the game, so that should make it easier to arrange and join multiplayer games in the future. :mrgreen:

That would be good, cause i can see alot more joining in soon. Oh im getting goose pimples. :lol:

14 Jan 2009, 18:29
Crewman

Matress_of_evil wrote:

That idea is so full of win!

14 Jan 2009, 20:04
Profile WWW
Crewman

so how exactly do we join a game on multiplayer?

and for those of us who want to play multiplayer.. we could all get a msn account and and add everyone.. that way we could make starting a game slightly easier.. and kno whos on.. and all that good stuff..

14 Jan 2009, 22:57
Crewman

Hannibal Smith wrote:
so how exactly do we join a game on multiplayer?

and for those of us who want to play multiplayer.. we could all get a msn account and and add everyone.. that way we could make starting a game slightly easier.. and kno whos on.. and all that good stuff..

Sounds like a good idea. I think some one hosts a game and you can join it before the host starts it. Im sure one of the mods will give more info if im wrong.

14 Jan 2009, 23:39

If you guys want to contact each other via MSN, for security reasons I wouldn't recommend advertising your email addresses on the forums if you want to keep them safe from spam.

If you want to ask people for their email addresses/gave other people your own addy, do so via the PM system.

If you look closely though, you'll notice that many of the members on the forums already give access to their email or MSN addresses - just look for the buttons under a post they have made on the forums and click it. :wink:

14 Jan 2009, 23:43
Profile WWW
Crewman

Ok.. well im willing to let this msn account be spammed... its the one of the few i use for games..=p...

guymaroon@live.com

feel free to add me.. and gimmie a msg if you want to play a game...

and is it posible to join in the middle of a game.. on thats been started....
and what happens if one of the players loses connection to the game for whatever reason.. would their empire be taken over by the computer.. or just cease to exist..

and also later down the line.. when theres ai.. lets say it is possible to join in the middle of the game... would we be able to take over a computer controled team? i think that would be a somewhat good idea..

15 Jan 2009, 00:15
Crewman

I will create a new msn later.

Might also be a good idea to list people up for multi games, what there gmt is and when best time to play. Atleast till the lobby is up and running.

Im still up for the sat 17th one, once finished we can leave feedback and comment on how it went.

15 Jan 2009, 10:38
Crewman

Have added my MSN if anyone wants to add me.

Hannibal Smith have added you to my msn.

15 Jan 2009, 14:34
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello everyone, well I said I was going to try to get a M/P game going at 15:00EST today. Regrettably I have to cancel. My wife is forcing me to go to her company's gathering party with her, and I have to make myself look pretty for her friends, so it is time for a haircut and buying new shoes it looks like lol..

I'll be around tomorrow for sure if any want to connect and play.

-Val

17 Jan 2009, 18:29
Profile WWW
Crewman

My internet done a 7 of 9 :borg: and ignored everything is was trying to do. So i was unable to join anyway.

19 Jan 2009, 09:44
Crewman

Awww, I missed it. :borg: I also suggest that we use Skype instead of MSN messenger because its more lightweight, making in-game conversation less strenuous on everyone's rigs during the game. Besides, its better suited to video/audio chatting than MSN anyway, logic, that's what Skype's meant for.

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:
That doesn't mean I shouldn't be on your friend list. :)

Borg Quote of the Fortnight: "If only he had the chance of having an out-of-body experience, its truly perfection."

21 Jan 2009, 03:51
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]