View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 06:18

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Some questions... 
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

I would imagine both games would have a default auto combat or simpler combat simulator available to it.

Regards Wolfe

11 Apr 2009, 22:32
Crewman

That would be excellent. I'll wait for MOE to confirm that point before I start adding what I've been tinkering with. No sense making a mod that I can't play (especially if it's mainly for my own use).

Shame though: I'm pretty happy with the Macross Cannon
(Test size only for graphic look, not function)

From our: "Make a fake Movie Pormo pic"

"Klingons, and Clones, and Battlestars, Oh My!"

13 Apr 2009, 00:22
Profile YIM
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I have no idea what Mike plans for combat - i've never asked him whether he plans to create a simple/auto combat system so players can skip the graphical part should they want to. *IF* he did this though, he would likely release it before the final, combat-implemented version of the game because that way he could at least test out the combat code related to the user interface and AI.

I'm not really sure what you're referring to when you say about a mod though, Star-Dragon. Do you plan to make your own combat system or something? Sorry if you've posted it elsewhere but i've been away for the weekend and i'm still catching up with what i've missed. :ahem:

I notice in your image that Spacebattles is referenced. By any change is that site anything to do with the Spacebattles 3.0 screensaver? I used to love watching that run, although the AI of the ships was terrible and it could sometimes be hours before the ships would randomly get within range to fire at each other. But when you had epic, hundreds-of-ships battles, it was pure eye candy. :love:

13 Apr 2009, 18:28
Profile WWW
Crewman

Please ask him MOE. Cause if he does I sure will be one to test it!!! :)

The Mod is mainly for me (Starting with Robotech) as I stopped working on the SE4 version a while ago and will transfer most of the assets to Supremacy or redo them entirely. It also helps I have several other stalled projects but maintained permissions, so will probably transfer those also if applicable.

As for Spacebattles.com, IDK if thr SSaver you mentioned was a DL off the main page or not. I only have the forum section bookmarked. I have been writing a crossover fanfic there off and on since 2004. I use the FS2 engine to make screenshots after setting up a "scene" from the chapter in the game editor, Like I just posted above. If I have the appropriate meshes converted that is.

I'm even trying to work on my own modern Getter Team! The fact that I am not a modeler,texturer, or posess any real skills whatsoever seems to be an obstacle though. :)

16 Apr 2009, 13:00
Profile YIM

Not having the skills to do something is NOT an obstacle; just ask CdrWolfe or Kenneth_of_Borg - they've self-taught themselves to do their individual tasks. Kenneth is now our chief modeller and Wolfe is creating the combat system. If they can do it, so can you, so good luck. :bigthumb:

I'll speak to Mike when I can and will let you know what he says.

16 Apr 2009, 18:49
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thanks I appreciate it!

Incidentally, we have a (Empire in Trek) thread of how all 10k of us have ISD's and take over the Trek Galaxy. it would be fun to play that as a Mod or any other franchise we drop in there.

So you see when you guys get a basic combat part integrated, I am positive you're project will become a huge hit.

Mainly from what you got right now (faithful gameplay from BOTF), but the modibility we gamers crave (your drop down window GUI editors!!!). Just sqaush that save issue thingy and when the time is right I for one will be pimping this all over creation (or rather my hangouts). :)

I did have a question on transports, planet defenses, ground troops, and taking planets.

While if worse comes to worse I will DBZ a planet and simply recolonize it, sometimes I want to capture a certain race (either for tech or sentimental reasons).

Can we make more planet defense options for the actual invasion? Sure we got the ships in orbit bombarding, but what about the troops dug in or going door to door in combat?

How about ground vehicles? Or (can I say it without getting hate) things akin to battle mecha or "other" combat machines? I'm talking OPTIONS only at this point.

Will Klingons be better ground troops than Gorn? Can we field them better armor or weapons?

Can we have more varied types of Planetary defenses? maybe a ground to orbit weapon to attack ships? Like a macross cannon (1) , or Bug Plasma from SST.

If such things can be envisioned, I'm just asking for modding capability later on, especially if you feel such things don't fit in the realm of "trek", which I would understand.

Also in MOO they have Cloning tech. Can we capture a Dominion facility and increase our population growth percentage in a system later?

I think there was one last thing I wanted to ask but I can't remember atm...

So I will ask this instead, can we have an in game music selection list? Maybe a folder we can drop a few music files into and if we want to change it we could do it off the main menu options?

6+ hours of the same tune can get monotinous sometimes ;) I end up turning game music sound off most of the time and using my own player anyway.

[Edit] I remember now... Some races still use fighters! Is it possbile for planets to build fighters without a shipyard and have them keyed to planetary defense (can't move) unless you transfer them to an appropriate carrier? (msot ships can but unless they are a 'carrier' the numbers are significantly small).

IE a Connie might hold 4 max aside from it';s own shuttles. A real carrier might have 100.

Fighters are force multipliers but in huge numbers make a difference, and are cheap to build, but they can't move on their own and are stationed on planets, outposts/starbases, or ships.

A ship can move but it's fighters would be stranded. I would also make it that if you leave fighters in any non-controlled space each trun they lose supply, but for fighters, if they lose all supply the die (life support).

That way a player could use them as a temporary mine field, but not for long or risk killing them all!

Speaking of mines... They could be fun! :)

Oh and how about giving outposts away from planets limited shipyard capability? Base Industry on population for an Outpost and then a full Starbase. Now while I doubt you're going to try to build warships in deep space I certainly do see someone trying to build a secret fleet of colony, transport, fighters or mines in that sector!!! i know I would try! :)

In fact, building an outpost or SB for a planet should give an Industry bonus as they increase trade and manufacturing possibilities (a tiny bit).
I was thinking maybe +100 max for an OP, and up to 200-300 max for a SB?

My apologies if these ideas are not in the scope of Supremacy or are too much like other games.

21 Apr 2009, 06:41
Profile YIM
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow those are a lot of ideas, I'm pretty sure some of those are being or already have been discussed. I think there was a concept or game content thread around here somewhere; you might want to have a look for it (I didn't have time just yet). It is basically a brainstorming of what content they were planning to add and what potential feature they were looking at the game having.

But I second the minefield idea, several episodes of multiple series deal with mine fields and it would I think be a simple way of adding something fun. Shouldn't be too hard to implement, essentially it could be a ship that deploys or converts to a minefield. Or treat it as a ship that can’t move on the map... etc etc... I'm sure the smart people here have a much better idea on the matter, you'll likely get a response soon with better info than I can suggest, MOE is a quick one :)

22 Apr 2009, 13:16
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2