View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 06:44

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Playtesting Observations 
Cadet
Cadet

hej there first of all i have no more problems with the updater or any invisible objectnames coz of language problems. Mike absolutly fixed that.
I was playing a few turn until i got an error i will attach the file hope you guys will get some information out of it.

Then i observed some things i will report now.
First: i built the Gorn trade alliance which should bring eight additional traderoutes but id didn´t!
Second: i was missing the zalkonian and the excaliban image.
Third: i was missing a few insignia: el aurians and nyrians.
Forth: i encountered the Sikarians in the same quadrant as the cardasians, shouldn´t the be in the deltaquadrant or is this on of this "there are to many deltaquadrant aliens and only a few in the betaquadrant so we put them there" -things. I am okay with that but like to mention it maybe there is something wrong.
Okay i guess i will encounter more things during playing so i keep posting and you guys keep fixing ;)

EDIT: I just started a new game with the dominion and all my ships are stranding but they are in their range. At least the shown range. My colonyship strandet only 5 sectors away from the homesystem.

Attachments:
Error.txt [5.32 KiB]
Downloaded 198 times
21 May 2009, 19:52
Crewman

Ok I feel kind of dumb (about the Dominion) I didn't realize they wouldn't be at a planet (just never occoured to me) DUH & I did see a nebula & ignored it :( . As far as the other player Empire options, whenever I start the game it automaticly starts me as Federation. I did not see an empire selection screen.
Mayhaps I should frustrate my wife again & do more gaming... I mean play testing... I mean research :D

Great job EVERYONE, keep it up.

I have also been looking over the pictures for the random events, minor race symbols & things,
I have read the threads (out of date i assume) on submitting work & would like to submit some, what are some current pictures you want created? I can focus on those. I am going to be purchasing a new graphics program & I want to know some suggestions on what kind to get (I was using an old copied animation program that just isn't good enough anymore).

thanks
Xion

21 May 2009, 20:30
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I'm currently waiting for Zeleni to send me the latest versions of the insignias for the game. He's overhauling them all and giving them a shiny new look, so if there are any problems with the insignias, please ignore them for the time being, admiral. Incidentally, I just sent Mike an image update, so all of Kenneth and Valcoren's latest images will be in the game once Mike releases the update.

Xion, the option to choose your starting empire is on the left-hand side when you select the galaxy size etc. I admit the buttons do blend into the interface a little bit, so it's understandable you missing them.

Attachment:
Click here.jpg
Click here.jpg [ 192.03 KiB | Viewed 6318 times ]

All of the threads that releate to the creation of game content are exactly that - it doesn't matter when the last post was, they are the thread dedicated to those purposes. So if you want to produce eg. images to help us, then please post in those threads. The very first post of those threads is usually where the specific information you need to know is usually kept - we constanly edit these posts as a focal point of reference. I ask though that if you do wish to make images, could you please not make Insignia images? Zeleni is working on these, and for the sake of consistency it is better if just one person works on those. We're crying out for people to make images for the Special Structures. I know hat list is rather large and seems out of date, but I assure you that we really do need images for all of those structures, so any contributions would be greatly received.

I don't know much about graphics programs - I use MS Paint and other free programs to do all the image editing and animating that I do for the forums. Irfanview is an absolute must, and I use Gamani's GIF Movie Gear program for making animations, such as the little guy in my avatar. (Jigalypuff originally made the little guy once when he hijacked my avatar, but I liked him so much that I kept and animated him :lol:) I also use Fantamorph if i'm trying to merge images or morph stuff.

I actually have a copy of Paint Shop Pro 9, which comes with an animation program, but I just cannot get used to either of them.

21 May 2009, 20:52
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thanks for the info Matress_Of_Evil, I will get and start playing with some of those programs :D
But reguarding the race selection screen, I don't get that screen, I get the Supremacy BOTF2 background with the Sov. Class picture, with the galaxy selection box in the middle with no other options as to race etc.

Did I download the wrong supremacy test? an older version?

What should I do to correct this?

Help! :)

Thanks
Xion

22 May 2009, 01:23
Admiral
Admiral

Matress_of_evil wrote:
If they're all in the techtrees, then something has gone wrong with the update. Mike's gonna have to have a look at it. I've sent the image update to Mike as well now, so the new images should be up on the update server soon with any luck.

Yep, all there in the TechTrees.xml file.

22 May 2009, 08:43

Hey Xion, if you're not getting that screen, then it sounds like you've got the September 2008 version of the game - Empire selection was introduced in the Christmas 2008 version of the game, so you're actually missing two major release updates. The auto-updater was added before then though, so it *should* have already prompted you to update the game. :?

I've been bugging Mike to do a full version release of the game. If he does do that, you won't need to download any updates - you'll be able to just download the current version in full and play it straight away. He's been reluctant to do that for some reason though, but I sent him a PM yesterday suggesting it and he's agreed to do it now. We'll post on the forums once the link to the full version is released.

22 May 2009, 11:01
Profile WWW
Admiral
Admiral

mstrobel wrote:
Actually, officers are going away too. Well, sort of. There's going to be a much more "personal" personnel system ;).

The concept of "officers" in Supremacy is something I've been unhappy with. As you yourself noticed, it's not very intuitive. I can tell you that I am working on a completely new personnel system (coupled with an intelligence system) that will make officers far more interesting (and less confusing).

A couple of ideas.
Something a bit similar to MoO2. Instead of a crew of Officers, have just the Captain taken from the pool of Officers - recruitment must be much slower of course.
The sliders generate Officers / Diplomats / Agents.
Officers start out as Captains, and can only command single ships. They may be promoted to Admirals, and command fleets (once they reach a certain XP level). Homeworlds start with an Academy building (doesn't make any sense that they don't). Admirals may require an advanced form (upgrade) of the Academy, at a certain area level. Officers may have traits, like Logistics, Attack, Defense, etc - could get complicated though.
Diplomats start out as Consuls, and they gather only general Influence towards all other empires/minors. They may be promoted to Ambassadors, and be assigned to specific empires, gathering higher amounts of Influence per turn - but only usable on that specific empire. Homeworlds start out with an Embassy building. Ambassadors may require an advanced form (upgrade) of the Embassy at a certain area level. Diplomats may have traits, like Oratory, Persuasion, etc.
Agents start out as [Marshalls?], and they increase internal security for the system they're assigned to (your own). They may be promoted to Operatives, and be assigned to specific systems, for espionage/sabotage missions. Homeworlds start out with an [Agency?] building. Operatives may require an advanced form (upgrade) of the Agency at a certain area level. Agents may have traits, like Stealth, Hacking, etc.

Not very well thought out yet. Just ideas.

22 May 2009, 13:11
Cadet
Cadet

Hej just to make sure to bother you with anything you already know or already have been fixed. The Insignias get a make-over so could you announce when they are made so that when they are fixed i know there is something wrong when i encounter one missiing insignis after that. That would be nice to know.
And what is it with the races images aren´t they already complete? Coz i encountered a few missing. Maybe they are just wrongly named.

25 May 2009, 18:04

The race image files are probably named wrong if any images are missing. We've recently added one or two new minor races though, which might also explain it. I've not really had a chance to play the game much lately, so please let me know which races have missing images as you encoutner them and i'll endeavour to fix them. I've already sent Mike an image update but I can't remember if it contains any race image/insignia updates. :ahem:

25 May 2009, 23:57
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

Adding new races is everytime a good thing :-) they are never enough.

Okay then at least i have something to do here. Reporting the missing images for the Excalibans and Tanugans.

26 May 2009, 08:15
Cadet
Cadet

Oh something i´d like to mention for a while is, i am missing the possibility to switch systems with the arrowkeys. it was so comfortable when you had to manage your systems but since the may update it´s not working anymore. Now you have to go back to the spaceview select the next system and so on. if you have a large empire this isn´t fun.

26 May 2009, 09:31

Thanks for that Admiral. I've had a look at the images and you are correct; there are some typos. The images are located in Supremacy/Resources/Races if you want to fix them in your own game. However, you should know that the updater will identify these changes as outdated files and will attempt to overwrite them with the incorrectly named copies of the files. If you don't want to constantly encounter this problem, then you will have to wait for the image update. This won't be for a long while as i've only just sent sent one to Mike and there's no point in sending him files piecemeal.

Supremacy/Resources/Races
Change Excalibians.png to Excalbians.png.
Change Tanguans.png to Tanugans.png.

26 May 2009, 09:50
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

thx for the infos moe but there is no rush so i will wait till these things are fixed in the update.
But what´s with this arrow key thing i mentioned?

26 May 2009, 11:12
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

viceadmiralv wrote:
Oh something i´d like to mention for a while is, i am missing the possibility to switch systems with the arrowkeys. it was so comfortable when you had to manage your systems but since the may update it´s not working anymore. Now you have to go back to the spaceview select the next system and so on. if you have a large empire this isn´t fun.

I'll fix the arrow keys, but the drop-down at the top of the colony screen should still work.

26 May 2009, 12:42
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hello

This is a note to Mattress of Evil and Mstrobel as well as to others involved in this endeavour.

I cannot adequeately express my gratitude of your committment to this project!!

THANK YOU - GOD BLESS YOU FOR DOING THIS - IT IS SOO APPRECIATED - THANK YOU

08 Jun 2009, 07:31
Crewman

I have noticed that there are some systems generated with ONLY an asteriod field (no planets). Have also noticed some systems with uncolonizable planets but do have moons and an asteriod belt.

Will you be able to utilize these systems for their resources since you cannot colonize the system to benefit from the Asteriod Sweeper.

Or will you be able to colonize the moons (i.e. +1,+2,+3 pop) to take advantage of the asteriod belt for its resources

Thanks

12 Jun 2009, 12:07

I've already mentioned this problem to Mike, Scott. There's no restriction on the number of Asteroid belts that are generated per system. Whilst this is technically realistic, it is frustrating to players.

There are currently no plans to allow players to colonise such systems, but Mike plans to add some sort of restriction to prevent - or at least reduce the likelihood - or such systems being produced.

By the way, thanks for the kind words in your previous post. We aim to please. :)

12 Jun 2009, 16:17
Profile WWW
Crewman

Wasn't sure where to place this "bug" error I received but here is a copy of the error file.

Using a construction ship to create a Starbase, I got and error and it aborted the game. It was easy enough to reload/reenter the game and continue but something is afoot with the construction ships..

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Supremacy.Orbitals.BuildStationOrder.FindTargets(Fleet source) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Orbitals\FleetOrders.cs:line 877
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GalaxyScreenPresenter.ExecuteIssueTaskForceOrderCommand(Pair`2 p) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GalaxyScreen\GalaxyScreenPresenter.cs:line 201
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.Execute(T parameter) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Desktop\PrismV2\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\Commands\DelegateCommand.cs:line 81
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Desktop\PrismV2\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\Commands\DelegateCommand.cs:line 107
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Commands.CompositeCommand.Execute(Object parameter) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Desktop\PrismV2\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\Commands\CompositeCommand.cs:line 177
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

Thanks

12 Jun 2009, 20:12

Hmm don't think i've seen that error report before. I don't think i've seen a post in that colour before either. :lol:

I'll forward it to Mike for you.

12 Jun 2009, 22:47
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2