View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 18:16

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Klingon Economic Structure 
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

I do not know if you've made a decision about the economic structure Klingon but I have an idea: the Klingon Empire could have the same structure as the Dominion

Commercial Exchange +50% Credits
The Dominion hold the monopoly over many exchanges and trading contracts - but there is always the desire and need for more. The Commercial Exchange acts as the central hub through which all local transactions are negotiated.

For the Klingons, it would give:

Commercial Exchange +50% Credits
The Klingon Empire hold the monopoly over many exchanges and trading contracts - but there is always the desire and need for more. The Commercial Exchange acts as the central hub through which all local transactions are negotiated.

31 Oct 2009, 10:55
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

a Klingon needing to ask an office for every trade partnership he intends to establish? I don't know, doesn't sound very Klingon to me..

31 Oct 2009, 12:34
Profile WWW

Klingon Commercial Exchange +50% Credits
The Klingon Empire hold the monopoly over many exchanges and trading contracts - but there is always the desire and need for more. The Klingon Commercial Exchange acts as the office through which all local transactions are negotiated.

Last edited by starfleet.command on 31 Oct 2009, 13:21, edited 5 times in total.

31 Oct 2009, 12:45
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I meant the whole idea of a central hub may be "un-Klingon". It was not about the word "office".

31 Oct 2009, 13:01
Profile WWW

I corrected, look above or if you have another idea.

31 Oct 2009, 13:22
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

might be a language problem. You still get me wrong but never mind ;). You can take "hub" instead of "office" again. What I intended to say was that duplicating the Dominion structure with essentially the same description for Klingons might be problematic.

31 Oct 2009, 13:28
Profile WWW
Crewman

Yes...the Klingons are known more along the lines as the Cardassians---they take whatever they want, no questions asked. In the other ST games they even say the merchant vessels (of Klingons) are a very undesireable job held by those that (essentially, not verbatim) either screwed up big time, are worthless, or are too old to fight battles. Trade just isn't something they choose in the career paths.

01 Nov 2009, 06:54

According to an episode of DS9, the only commercial structure that Klingons have is a restaurant on board the station DS9. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Klingon_restaurant

So if you have text to propose, you are welcome.

01 Nov 2009, 12:26
Admiral
Admiral

Maybe that's why there are no commercial structures for them in the game? :rolleyes: :razz:

01 Nov 2009, 14:02

For example, the Federation consumes much Klingon coffee: the Raktajino.

01 Nov 2009, 14:40
Crewman

What about Romulan Economic Structure?

Romulan Ale
Romulan Mocha (like Vulcan mocha)
Romulan trilithium (mentioned in Star Trek Generations)

Of course, there is Cardassian ale.

02 Nov 2009, 00:47
Admiral
Admiral

Call those Trade Goods if you will... :wink:

02 Nov 2009, 12:11

.Iceman wrote:

Well said. Iceman. I imagined what kind of trade route with an example below (which I made with PaintBrush) and also to highlight such Trade Goods that each empire can be used for business

Attachments:
TRADE GOODS.PNG
TRADE GOODS.PNG [ 22.04 KiB | Viewed 6582 times ]

02 Nov 2009, 13:29
Crewman

starfleet.command wrote:
.Iceman wrote:

Well said. Iceman. I imagined what kind of trade route with an example below (which I made with PaintBrush) and also to highlight such Trade Goods that each empire can be used for business

I don't know if Romulan is okay with selling their precious technology, Cloaking Device to anyone.

I like your example. Good interface.

03 Nov 2009, 09:33

True. I used it as an example.

03 Nov 2009, 11:07

MOE, Dafedz, i have another idea about the Klingon Economic Structure. In the database, there is a structure named
FEASTING HOLIDAYS: The local authorities can provide any number of benefits, such as taxation rebates, games and spectacles, and the most popular of all – festivals, feasts and holidays. It is an effective means of peaceful population control (when such needs arise) and instils a sense of security into the minds of those that might otherwise rise up in opposition.. Why not use it as Economic Structure with another bonus +% 20 Credits

Another idea from the TNG episode: "Redemption II". Kurn & Worf are found drinking in a tavern with other Klingons. I think that a tavern is a common place where everyone can come and drink and spend money. We could include a tavern in each colony founded.

07 May 2010, 12:22
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]