View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 16:33

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Religious Structures 
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

In the BOTF 2 Database, you added recently: "The Faith" as bonus. Maybe some religious structures also could mean the faith's percentage. Add some religious structures would be another perspective to consider for the empires as the minor races, for example:

The Ferengi have the Divine Treasury
The Vulcans have the P'jem Monastery
The Kriosians already have the Temple of Adakar (in the database) with + 1 Moral Empire-wide (why not add a faith's percentage)
The Bajorans have the Monastery of the Kai
The Klingons have the Monastery of Boreth....etc...etc

07 Nov 2009, 11:32
Admiral
Admiral

Not everything that's in the database is going to be added to the game...

07 Nov 2009, 12:37
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Faith is an experimental concept at best. As .Iceman said, it won't necessarily make it into the game. Remember that whilst the database is the primary Supremacy information database, it is also Dafedz's personal idealised version of what the game would be like, and therefore some of the ideas in there have already been excluded from the game. (Such as water, for instance)

07 Nov 2009, 20:43
Profile WWW
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

Also 'Faith' as a game dynamic has nothing to do with Religion - it reflects your population's Confidence in you.

09 Nov 2009, 21:14
Profile WWW

I understand that this may not suit you, my idea was maybe outside your definition of the word "Faith". However, having noticed that the Temple of Adakar of the Kriosians has a +1 Morale empire-wide, Could you consider adding some religious places with the same kind of bonus? Perhaps it would be another approach to religion as you are using this for the Temple Adakar with the Sociology level 2:

Cultural Studies

Cultural Studies Hopes to Unify number of academic fields, Including philosophy, economics, linguistics and exo-biology. It Is hoped it Will Provide Scientists and Intellectuals politique Keener Insight Into the assessment of modern society and ethics, and All Their multi-faceted relationships. The Aim Is To Facilitate the integration of cross-cultural dynamics alien Into the Whole more unified Smoothly.

21 Apr 2010, 16:27
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

Welcome back to the forums Starfleet.
:bigthumb:

21 Apr 2010, 16:59
Profile YIM WWW
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

The Divine Treasury isn't an actual place, that's like the Federation having a structure called "Heaven" which gives a morale boost. :lol:

On a semi related note though...... looking through some of the minor race structures and playing some Supremacy has led me to cringe a couple of times due to the choice of special structure chosen for the minors... Example, Betazoids have a "counselling academy". We've only seen one Betazoid counsellor in all of Trek, fair enough she seemed well suited to the job but maybe something more generic would be less jarring. Only one step away from the "Bolian Barbershop Consortium"!! :lol:

21 Apr 2010, 18:04

But it was suggested a couple of times that Betazoids are good counselors.

21 Apr 2010, 18:07
Profile YIM WWW

SOM! Welcome back mate! Long time no see!

Welcome back to you too Starfleet.

Now, on to structures. I vote for the Bolian Barbershop Consortium. It sounds just like the sort of thing the game was missing. :mischief:

21 Apr 2010, 18:40
Profile WWW

Thank you guys, it is good to see you again. I no longer had too many ideas to offer!

21 Apr 2010, 19:04

Hey guys, look in this PAGE

21 Apr 2010, 19:16

There is cool stuff under "Religious sites".

21 Apr 2010, 19:17
Profile YIM WWW

SonOfMogh wrote:
The Divine Treasury isn't an actual place, that's like the Federation having a structure called "Heaven" which gives a morale boost.

The antechamber of the Divine Treasury is on Ferenginar in one of the halls of government Ferengi

I would ask you all your opinion about this:

everything concerning religion in Supremacy could be represented by structures
but also by beliefs in sacred places not visible such as:
Stovokor, Celestian Temple (Bajoran), Vulcan Mythology ... etc.

21 Apr 2010, 19:22
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Really???! Only mention I remember was one of those Ferengi 'comedy' episodes and it was used as a gag- even the afterlife is related to capitalism for the Ferengi..... I never missed an ep of DS9, but I'm not doubtin ya...

Anyway, if opinions are requested, mine is that religion is not needed in any capacity in a game based in a universe where the most prominent race has abandoned it. Certain cultures in the ST universe have faith, this is a good thing for those cultures as it gives them something to hold onto in the darkest times and provides reassurance when things look hopeless... In short, it raises morale. So my conclusion is that heavily religious races will have a generally higher morale and are less affected by things due to their faith than those who beleive in nothing.

Job done.

21 Apr 2010, 19:54

SonOfMogh wrote:
Really???! Only mention I remember was one of those Ferengi 'comedy' episodes and it was used as a gag- even the afterlife is related to capitalism for the Ferengi..... I never missed an ep of DS9, but I'm not doubtin ya...
OOps, you're right, I had not seen this article in Memory Alpha: (look the Act Four on this PAGE)
"A jittery Quark heads to bed while trying to stave off death by yelling he won't be surprised before he enters his room. He quickly falls asleep and awakes in what looks like the Divine Treasury."

21 Apr 2010, 20:07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hey no probs, I guess they would have some kind of Divine Treasury Centre anyway. Considering how much money people throw away in church collection jars, if present day humans can profit from organised religion you know the Ferengi are....

21 Apr 2010, 20:15

I've taken this example in SPACE EMPIRES V

Name := Fate Shrine
Description := Thoughtful seers who predict the future and can avert disasters.
Ability 1 Type := Bad Event Chance
Ability 1 Description := Decreases the chance of any bad events in this system by [%Amount1%]%.

In Supremacy, i noticed that Dafedz propose the Health Structures. They reduces casualty numbers in an invasion, plague, natural disaster etc.

Note that all other games such as MoO3, Galactic Civilizations, Spaces Empires using religion. Why not Supremacy? We could put ourselves in their pitch.

07 May 2010, 17:40
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]