View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Sep 2024, 05:27

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Supremacy at Las Vegas Star Trek Con 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Mike and I are making plans for cons down the road. In the mean time the update will help a lot to get the word out.

If you watch the credit on the JJ Star Trek take note on the number
of people it took to do the CG. That is why it takes one guy so long.
:borg:

24 May 2010, 04:19
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hehe i'm ahead of you on that one guys, I actually had a static Ferengi emoticon in the works for inclusion with the last two, but it didn't work out as planned.

Your post is actually really timely for me Kenneth. I've had an email convo going over the last few days with Zach from Hailing frequencies - he wants to do a new section on fan games, and wants to do an update on our project. He particularly wanted to know why we had been turned away from the Trekcon - and says he's had problems with Jean himself.

You might be interested to know that he also says he knows some people at CBS, and offered his help for when we make a pitch at the next Trekcon.

24 May 2010, 08:30
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Thanks, I will ask for his advice on our presentation to CBS. :borg:

24 May 2010, 12:42
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Awesome - Keep up the good work! Captain B

24 May 2010, 14:27
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Jean explained that CBS has a number of Star Trek commercial games coming out soon. That is why they did not want to support a fan project that would detract from the market. They also see these new games as part of the new vision for Star Trek. They do not want to promote the old games including BOTF. That should clear up the reason issue around the talk.

Mike has already made plans for Dragon Con and I will talk to him about Comic Con. If he pitches the talk as a generic fan game it might fly in a venue that is not all Star Trek CBS. Comic Con is in July so there is not enough time for me to redo my schedule. It would have to be next year. World Con is in Reno. I do not know what other cons we should look at.

COOOOOOONNN!!!???? :borg:

25 May 2010, 19:38
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
They also see these new games as part of the new vision for Star Trek. They do not want to promote the old games including BOTF.
COOOOOOONNN!!!???? :borg:

So, the good old Star Trek is truly dying..........

This is a sad day for all old Star Trek fans, but it makes our project more important. If CBS has given up on the old Star Trek, it's our duty as loyal fans to keep it alive.

25 May 2010, 20:56
Profile YIM WWW
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

I always thought Supremacy needed new ideas if we want the project to be accepted. Mike, Dafedz and others show us a lot. It is a sacred work. Long live to Supremacy..... :clap:

25 May 2010, 21:11

I'm personally what I would consider to be a new generation guy. Kirk was from the time of my parents. Shove over Kirk for baldy, black, woman, and...time traveller lol.

But if they've decided to support the new universe, then i'm most definitely old school. Anyone that supports nu-Trek over the modern-classics needs to stop looking at the Enterprise through a broken telescope, because that's all that the new one looks like.

25 May 2010, 21:54
Profile WWW

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Over the years Star Trek has evolved from the original intellectual idea with the campy humor (Kirk era) to a more serious space opera (TNG) to a dark side of the universe (DS-9) to Voyager which was probably a lot like Next Generation. During that time it has been influenced by Star Wars and video games and there are more battles and explosions etc.

What I loved about the original series is that the crew would get into a jam and they would THINK (it's what humans do) their way out of it. There were alot of "beat the computer" episodes, "out think the alien" episodes etc. Gene Roddenberry kept that going in TNG but the movies had to appeal to a wider audience and had to have the big screen explosions. The original series had an ongoing joke in the relationship between McCoy and Spock (which they had great fun with in the new movie), Scotty and his engines, and a lot of kidding at Spock's expense. All in all it made life in space real. It showed that humans still do the same things far from our planet and still had their interactions.

Abrams caught something and brought it back in a movie. A serious plot line with human to human humor. I loved the bit about McCoy repeatedly injecting Jim Kirk with substance after substance and Kirk screaming "stop it" - his hands swollen etc.

For this reason, Star Trek Insurrection was hand's down my favorite of the Next Gen movies. I know many might disagree with me, but the humor between the crew was terrific. And I loved it when Anij said, "I wonder if you are aware of the trust you engender, Jean Luc Picard." There was the crew loyalty of going back for Data when he was in trouble. I loved the "Perfect moment in time" discussion. As far as ship battles go, Cmdr Riker out THOUGHT the Sona.

I say all this, hoping that Abrams doesn't let the new time line fall into nothing but CGI and space battles.

Captain Bashir

26 May 2010, 05:50
Ensign
Ensign

contrasting against nemesis... data going back for picard, but then picard was out-thought in the first place...
"Oooh lets go through this nebula that cuts off contact with starfleet!"... yeah, bad idea.

26 May 2010, 08:08

Matress_of_evil wrote:
I'm personally what I would consider to be a new generation guy. Kirk was from the time of my parents. Shove over Kirk for baldy, black, woman, and...time traveller lol.

But if they've decided to support the new universe, then i'm most definitely old school. Anyone that supports nu-Trek over the modern-classics needs to stop looking at the Enterprise through a broken telescope, because that's all that the new one looks like.
Matress, I think there will be other opportunities to present the project and we must keep hope. I have never lowered the arms being confronted with difficult situations and it's not now that I'm going to do. We continue Supremacy and this whatever happens.

28 May 2010, 00:27
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2