View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:44

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Suggestion: Multiplayer! 
Crewman

some little suggestions for multiplayer

Sense the larger maps, games can go on, and on and on and on... adding the ability to load a multiplayer game save, so we can pick up where we left of if it gets too late, or the network / computer crashes (my friends network is very bad for dropping people in multiplayer games)

Secondly:

adding something like

i tried to match colours with factions, which happen the be the order they show in select faction menu when you start a game

where the top dot replaces one of the bottom dots to indicate that a human player hasn't clicked turn yet.

I wouldn't use my dots, i did all 7 of them in about 2 min using paint, do something more like what was in BoFT using the icons of the factions.

29 Aug 2013, 21:16
Crewman

You can load a saved multiplayer game it's just not very obvious or user-friendly right now.

- The host has to click "Load savegame"(in the main menu) and choose the saved game. In the "Chose your empire" screen he has to wait for the other players. After everyone has an empire he can click "Start game".
- The other players have to click "Multiplayer", "Join a Game" and type in the server IP address (or search in LAN for the server) and then choose their empire.

The host previously can change his player name, the server name and port in "Multiplayer", "Create a Game" and than click "back" and load the game.
Yes, it's a mess. :confused:

I think I don't understand the second part.
You want to know which player has or has not clicked "End Turn" jet. Is that right?
Where would you place your coloured dots?

Maybe an automatic message in the chat if someone clicks "End Turn" is a good start.

31 Aug 2013, 18:12
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think he means saving the state of one single turn, i.e. all current decisions the players have made. Currently when saving a multiplayer game, only the current decisions of only the host player is saved so saving is best done directly after turn end.

31 Aug 2013, 18:45
Profile WWW
Crewman

hi guys, just some quick questions/thoughts on this...

1) does this mean that only the host can save the game in multiplayer?
2) or can any player save the game in multiplayer, (but still only the host's actions are saved)?

02 Sep 2013, 16:25
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

you're right, everyone can save the game, but only the decisions from that player is saved.

02 Sep 2013, 18:10
Profile WWW
Crewman

thanks Malvoisin

04 Sep 2013, 12:16
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Selendra wrote:
to indicate that a human player hasn't clicked turn yet.
well, for this we did already an open issue http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/index.php/ToDo's#Turn_End_Ready_Function but first we need a coder to do this

Until realization at multi playing human players have to be self-disciplined, sorry. I know how hard this is - gazing on the screen and waiting... :brickwall:
...maybe just do a little other tasks additionally (reading newspaper :wink: )

Last edited by reg on 07 Sep 2013, 20:12, edited 3 times in total.

07 Sep 2013, 14:26
Crewman

maybe if each player says "D" for done or "R" for ready, in the meantime, it will help :)
(if i join someones multiplayer game, it might make me the last person to be ready each turn lol :D

07 Sep 2013, 17:07
Crewman

actually, i was wondering how many of you have tried a multiplayer game with alpha 7?
(or in another version)

and how many differnet multiplayer games do you have in progress currently, and with how many players?

(im keen to give it a go over christmas time :)

01 Nov 2013, 01:16
Crewman

I haven't had the time for a multiplayer match with Alpha7.

But I'm really bad against humans anyway, so I prefer the predictable AI as opponent. :wink:

01 Nov 2013, 15:08
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I prefer SinglePlayer but one Multiplayer at Christmas (or some other date) would be ok - once I did a BotE-MP, but I think it was 6.1-version.

SirPustekuchen prefers Multiplayer he said once so BotE will stay Multiplayer with SinglePlayer-option.
I heard he and some others did MP sometimes to test or for joy of course

we could use http://www.doodle.com/ to find a appointed time
---------------------

Supremacy's staff I think they do more MP, here's a link viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4846 and here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4739 were some people doing an online game.

Kenneth always did great invitation like
Quote:
Sunday 2013 08 04
7:30 AM California and Arizona is 10:30 AM in Eastern North America, New York, is 3:30 PM London,UK and 4:30 PM in Berlin, Germany.

for BotE I don't know but it might be only Europe, but around the world would also possible for me :thumbsup:

02 Nov 2013, 20:33
Crewman

cool, a multiplayer game will be great sometime :)

i need to finish my single player game, i am in the turn #400's so far
(but still also working on fixing computer problems from the recent storm/powercuts) :(

so many cool things to do, but not enough time... if we ever invent time travel, lets come back to this post, and exchange phonenumbers, and ring each other lol :)

03 Nov 2013, 14:46
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]