Huge and immobile and armed to teeth space stations for low upkeep costs. However, they are very important, especially at the beginning. Thanks to the outposts ship range can be increased. Also, due to having superior armaments and shields, they are really strong in system defence, especially at the beginning. As the game progresses and the enemies get more advanced, space stations lose their importance, although they will always remain a valuable help in planetary defences, especially when upgraded to Starbases.
Construction and upgrade of a space station
To build an outpost, select a transport ship and click on Multi-turn-Outpost. However, there are some things worth noting.
- You can start the construction only in a sector or planet system owned by you or in a neutral sector. If the sector changes ownership (or an enemy player colonizes the planet) while the space station is being built, it doesn't influence the construction at all though. Aven though it's the way to build a space station over an enemy system, it's not considered a bug.
- to pause or cease construction, either cancel the build order or move the transport ships somewhere else.
- Building a station requires Station build points. The better the transport ship, the more build points it can generate per turn. For an overview of transport ships look here.
- Building a space station consumes the transport ship, because the materials from it are used. No further materials are necessary though.
- To speed up the construction of a space station send more transport ships to the same place and give them all an order Outpost. Finishing the outpost only consumes one of them.
- The ships are ordered from the oldest to the youngest in terms of space station construction, in other words the oldest possible ship in eliminated when the construction is finished.
- There can be only one space station in a sector. If two different races are building a space station, the one who finishes first gets finished and all other ones are canceled.
- In order to stop an enemy from successfully building a space station, perform a successful attack in the sector.
- Upgrading an outpost into a Starbase has a similar process as building an outpost, just click on Upgrade instead of Outpost in Multi-turn orders.
- To look at the progress of the construction move your mouse into the sector and click and hold the left mouse button to see the details. On Android devices tap and hold on that sector.
Space stations - comparison
Techlevels (first 3 = Outpost, then Starbases)
- TECH con: 0 - 4 - 8 - 2 - 6 - 10
- TECH han: 0 - 6 - x - 2 - 7 - 11
- TECH kha: 0 - 6 - x - 4 - 8 - 10
- TECH rot : 0 - 6 - x - 2 - 7 - 09
- TECH car: 0 - 6 - x - 4 - 8 - 10
- TECH ome: 0 - 4 - 8 - 2 - 6 - 10 (- 255 Home Defence)
- HULL con: 2900 - 4000 - 6000 - 10000 - 8000 - 20000
- HULL han: 2500 - 7000 - xxxxx - 9000 - 8000 - 16000
- HULL kha: 3000 - 7500 - xxxxx - 7000 - 20000 - 22000
- HULL rot : 3000 - 7000 - xxxxx - 9000 - 8000 - 16000
- HULL car: 5000 - 9500 - xxxxx - 13000 - 28000 - 32000 (strongest)
- HULL ome: 3000 - 4000 - 6000 - 10000 - 8000 - 28000 (- 5000)
- HULL Eelen: 2500
- SHIELDS con: 5200 - 16000 - 24000 - 22500 - 32000 - 54000
- SHIELDS han: 1500 - 14000 - xxxxx - 19000 - 34000 - 50000
- SHIELDS kha: 5000 - 8500 - xxxxx - 13000 - 19000 - 19000
- SHIELDS rot : 2800 - 14000 - xxxxx - 21000 - 39000 - 50000
- SHIELDS car: 4000 - 8000 - xxxxx - 8000 - 16000 - 16000
- SHIELDS ome: 3600 - 16000 - 24000 - 24000 - 32000 - 47000 (- 32000)
- SHIELDS Eelen: 10000